Are You Dressing for Success…During Your Job Interview?
We all know that your appearance is the first thing people notice, especially during an interview. With the tech startups on the rise, more job seekers moved to a more casual attire for interviews. However, more and more interviewers expect that job seekers dress professionally during the interview process. What’s appropriate attire depends on the industry…interviewing at a bank is different from interviewing at a gaming company. So, do your research to understand the company’s culture and attire standards. If you are unsure, you can always ask the company’s HR department or your recruiter. However, the best rule is always to dress more conservatively.
Tips for all candidates:
- Wear a conservative two-piece business suit (solid dark blue or grey is best)
- Wear a conservative long-sleeved shirt/blouse (white is best, pastel is next best)
- Clean, polished conservative shoes
- Well-groomed hairstyle
- Clean, trimmed fingernails
- Minimal cologne or perfume
- Empty pockets—no bulges or tinkling coins
- Avoid gum, candy, or cigarettes
- No visible body piercings or tattoos